Why Checkers Safety?
Companies all over the world trust Checkers products with their safety needs. The primary reason you can trust Checkers is that we have a 25-year track record of providing highly effective safety solutions that save lives and protect assets.
Checkers takes the safety of your people and property very seriously. This means working directly with industry experts and safety managers to design products that fit the specific needs of their working environments. Our product development takes place on worksites where our engineers experience the safety challenges firsthand, which allows them to understand the conditions and circumstances where our industrial safety products will be required to perform. Through this process, we gain the knowledge and insight to ensure every one of our customers’ needs is satisfied.
THE CHECKERS COMPANY MISSION:
Our mission is to create value for our partners, by delivering innovative industrial safety products and being:
- Customer Focused
- Market, Technology, and Innovation Driven
- Committed to Excellence
- Respectful and adhering to the highest level of integrity
- Socially responsible within the community and developing our employees
Checkers™ has been protecting people and assets since 1987 as a leading manufacturer of cable protection systems, wheel chocks, warning whips, warning lights, and more. With over 25 years of experience, Checkers™ third-party tests and certifies most of our products. We have also worked with industry leaders and safety managers to field-test our products under various conditions to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of each product.
CABLE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
All of Checkers™ Cable Protectors have been load tested by an independent third party laboratory utilizing a calibrated, universal load test machine with a flat plate measuring 6.9″ X 17.3″ (17.5cm X 43.9cm).
Checkers™ Wheel Chocks have been field-tested by expert team members under various conditions to prove our products prevent non-motorized, uncontrolled movement of on and off-road vehicles.
Checkers™ has also worked with a third-party laboratory to certify that each model meets the specifications indicated on the Checkers™ Wheel Chock Reference Guide. Specific models of our wheel chocks meet specifications required by MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration), OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency), and the DOT (Department of Transportation). Thorough testing must be completed at each location by users to ensure that specific wheel chocks will meet your specific chocking requirements.
Checkers™ Warning Whips meet the standard height and visibility requirements set forth by individual mines across the world. These heavy-duty whips are engineered to withstand the harshest conditions and the most extreme temperature environments around the world.
Checkers™ Warning Lights have been tested by independent third-party laboratories to meet specific requirements. Our Barricade Lights meet ITE (Institute of Transportation Engineers) specifications and are NCHRP-350 (National Cooperative Highway Research Program) compliant. Our Strobe Lights meet SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) J845, Class I, II, and III specifications.
Our team then uses innovation and advanced manufacturing processes to create effective industrial safety products that withstand the harshest weather and working conditions that exist in industrial applications. At this point, we again involve industry experts and safety managers to field-test our products under extreme working conditions. We also submit our industrial safety products to independent third-party contractors for testing and compliance evaluations. This rigorous testing protocol ensures Checkers products meet or exceed all industry compliance regulations and standards.
Another reason to work with Checkers is that our service professionals are trained to understand the safety issues in many industries. We can quickly help you find the right industrial safety products to protect your people and bring your business into compliance.
ADVANTAGES OF CHECKERS PRODUCTS:
CABLE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- The largest manufacturer of cable protectors in the world
- We manufacture the five most popular brands of cable/hose protectors in the industry
- Our patented design and connector systems are the best in the industrial safety products industry
- We offer extensive accessories, such as ADA/DDA compliant access ramps, protector bridges, 45° & 90° turns, and end caps
- Polyurethane construction is lighter and more durable than rubber imitations in extreme weather conditions
- Satisfies all state and federal regulatory agencies
- Only manufacturer in the world offering customized solutions, including logos molded into the product
- Modular interlocking design that makes setting up, dismantling and storing the product simple and straightforward
- We are one of the largest manufacturers of wheel chocks in the world
- We manufacture the most popular wheel chocks in the highly demanding mining industry
- Polyurethane wheel chocks are lightweight and resistant to extreme weather conditions, tears, abrasions, oils, and solvents
- Checkers produces a wheel chock for virtually every type of tire-based vehicle
- Checkers wheel chocks satisfy OSHA and MSHA compliance standards
- Recessed carrying handles included on most models
- Mounting brackets available for most models
- We work with safety managers and industry experts to develop warning whips that provide the highest level of reliability
- We manufacture the most popular warning whips in the highly demanding mining industry
- Lighted and non-lighted whips available with a wide selection of lighting and mounting options
- Extensive product and accessory assortment allows for customization to meet your precise needs
- Manufactured with a premium fiberglass resin creating the strongest whip in the industry
- Lengths from 3 ft up to 21 ft available with heavy duty Day Bright fluorescent orange, green or yellow nylon mesh flag
- The most durable Barricade, Solar Barricade, Strobe, and LED Module lights on the market
- Our patented industrial safety products feature the industry’s brightest lights
- Designed to withstand the harshest conditions experienced in traffic safety, construction, and industrial applications
- Independent Lab Certified to meet regulatory specifications such as SAE J845 Class, I, II, and III, ITE, and NCHRP-350
VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION LIGHTS
- Easy identification of equipment in heavy duty working environments
- High output LED lights to provide superior visibility during the day or night
- The high-intensity reflective material is easy to read whether the sign is powered or off
- Designed to withstand the harshest weather and working conditions experienced in mining, construction, and industrial applications.
PARKING STOPS AND SPEED BUMPS
- Industry-leading, premium quality
- Made from 100% recycled materials
- Durable products that will not chip or crack
- Resistant to gas, oil, salt, sunlight, and chemicals
- Light enough to ship via UPS and they can easily be installed by one person